Last Friday, when I was walking to the Junior High School, I stopped by the Helaman Shop to reward myself for another week of school in Ghana. My reward? A Fanta Orange.
Anywho, when I got to the JHS, I looked for Hannah. I found her by her classroom - she had to scrub the washroom (she signed up to be a 'Friday Sweeper'). Hannah and I walked to the car when she was done. Then a boy named Kwame, who is our neighbor, asked for a ride home. His friends came with him.
Now it gets funny...
My Mom asked, "Kwame, who are your friends?" Kwame said, "Well, the fat one's Edwin and the short one's James." Meanwhile, Edwin was nodding enthusiastically.
Bye, bye.
Kojo
Yeah, if you want to compliment a Ghanaian, just tell them they are looking fat! I've also heard Ghanaians describe another Ghanaian as "the black one." Um, that's helpful...
ReplyDeleteI want to hear what school is like for you! I hope it's going well.
Katie Adams
Hey there Mr. Anywho,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a great time over there. It appears that you have lots of friends..........short, fat & "regular". What I don't understand is how they can slide down the Palm tree in shorts. It seems like it would tear your legs up. I look forward to the next postl
Love/Grandpa
If only we could describe all of our friends that way Rock. It would make life so much more enjoyable
ReplyDelete